50-Year History

In 1959, J.E. Anderson & Associates opened as a professional land surveying firm in Victoria, British Columbia with only six employees. Early on, the B.C. Ministry of Transportation contracted us to complete numerous surveys for locations throughout the Fraser Canyon, Patricia Bay Highway, Nanaimo, Parksville and Campbell River.

We rapidly expanded into the area of land development consulting, prompting the addition of professional engineers whose knowledge and skills were necessary to provide clients with exceptional service in these two complementary fields.

Over the past 50-plus years in business, we’ve evolved into a full-service land development consulting and municipal engineering consulting firm of 50 employees working from offices in Victoria, Nanaimo, Parksville and Campbell River. Our scope of projects includes everything from single lot subdivisions to multi-year phased developments to forestry and municipal infrastructure projects. The majority of our work is now on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.