Career Opportunities in Nanaimo
Imagine Working in Nanaimo - Known for Stunning Natural Beauty, Great Food and Drink, and it's Central Location
Hike or bike with mountain views after work or on weekends, spend free-time fishing, camping or paddling in Nanaimo, as well as enjoying the diverse plants and wildlife! It’s easy to get out of the city to indulge in your favourite outdoor activities.With a population of ~158,767, Nanaimo is a medium-sized city, also a short trip via water or air to Vancouver (or by car to Victoria), and has a wide range of community, recreation and shopping facilities. It doesn’t take long to get out of the city to indulge in your favourite outdoor activities. Nanaimo is attracting many professionals who want the conveniences of city life, along with easy access to recreational activities, and housing that is priced lower than in Greater Vancouver and Victoria.
Survey Technician or LST
Due to an expanding workload, JE Anderson & Associates has a full-time position available for a survey technician or LST in our Parksville and Nanaimo offices. We are seeking team‑oriented applicants who are experienced in legal, engineering, construction, and topographic surveys.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a surveying program or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in legal surveying work in urban, rural, and remote areas of Vancouver Island
- Proficiency in and understanding of the operation of GPS equipment
- Excellent communications skills and fluency in both verbal and written English
- Valid BC Divers License
- Physically fit
- Ability to work in the varied weather conditions of coastal British Columbia
- Proficiency with Micro Survey would be a preferred asset