Career Opportunities in Nanaimo
Imagine Working in Nanaimo - Known for Stunning Natural Beauty, Great Food and Drink, and it's Central Location
Hike or bike with mountain views after work or on weekends, spend free-time fishing, camping or paddling in Nanaimo, as well as enjoying the diverse plants and wildlife! It’s easy to get out of the city to indulge in your favourite outdoor activities.With a population of ~158,767, Nanaimo is a medium-sized city, also a short trip via water or air to Vancouver (or by car to Victoria), and has a wide range of community, recreation and shopping facilities. It doesn’t take long to get out of the city to indulge in your favourite outdoor activities. Nanaimo is attracting many professionals who want the conveniences of city life, along with easy access to recreational activities, and housing that is priced lower than in Greater Vancouver and Victoria.
Civil Engineering Technologist
Civil engineering technician or technologist with minimum of 5 year’s experience in municipal engineering or land development engineering:
- Graduate of an accredited civil engineering technology program and eligible for registration with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC.
- Design and drafting experience in roads, site grading, sanitary sewer, storm drainage and water systems
- Proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D (2018 or later)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- Experience in construction surveys and construction site reviews. Physically able to work on difficult terrain and construction sites
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with various consulting teams and government officials
- Clean Class 5 driving record