Career Opportunitiesin Parksville
Featuring Sandy Beaches in an Idealic Oceanside Town
Parksville (pop. ~12,500) is a small oceanside town centrally located close to ample shopping opportunities at the north end of Nanaimo and lots of natural parks featuring hiking and biking trails. It’s also a favourite tourist destination in the summer for those wanting to get out of the city and play.
Survey Technician or LST
Due to an expanding workload, JE Anderson & Associates has a full-time position available for a survey technician or LST in our Parksville and Nanaimo offices. We are seeking team‑oriented applicants who are experienced in legal, engineering, construction, and topographic surveys.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a surveying program or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in legal surveying work in urban, rural, and remote areas of Vancouver Island
- Proficiency in and understanding of the operation of GPS equipment
- Excellent communications skills and fluency in both verbal and written English
- Valid BC Divers License
- Physically fit
- Ability to work in the varied weather conditions of coastal British Columbia
- Proficiency with Micro Survey would be a preferred asset